Synopsis of Orthodontic TreatmentPurva Kumar MDS (Orthodontics) Consulting Orthodontist Affiliated to College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Ahmedabad, Gujarat Previously worked as Specialist Orthodontist in UAE
Jitendar P Vij
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd
B-3 EMCA House, 23/23B Ansari Road, Daryaganj
New Delhi 110 002, India
Phones: +91-11-23272143, +91-11-23272703, +91-11-23282021
+91-11-23245672, Rel: 32558559
Fax: +91-11-23276490, +91-11-23245683, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website: www.jaypeebrothers.com
- 2/B, Akruti Society, Jodhpur Gam Road SatelliteAhmedabad 380 015, Phones: +91-079-26926233, Rel: +91-079-32988717Fax: +91-079-26927094, e-mail: email@example.com
- 202 Batavia Chambers, 8 Kumara Krupa Road, Kumara Park East,Bengaluru 560 001, Phones: +91-80-22285971, +91-80-22382956Rel: +91-80-32714073, Fax: +91-80-22281761, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 282 IIIrd Floor, Khaleel Shirazi Estate, Fountain Plaza, Pantheon RoadChennai 600 008, Phones: +91-44-28193265, +91-44-28194897, Rel: +91-44-32972089Fax: +91-44-28193231, e-mail: email@example.com
- 4-2-1067/1-3, 1st Floor, Balaji Building, Ramkote, Cross RoadHyderabad 500 095, Phones: +91-40-66610020, +91-40-24758498Rel: +91-40-32940929, Fax:+91-40-24758499, e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kuruvi Building, 1st Floor, Plot/Door No. 41/3098, B & B1, St. Vincent RoadKochi 682 018, Kerala, Phones: +91-0484-4036109, +91-0484-2395739+91-0484-2395740, e-mail: email@example.com
- 1-A Indian Mirror Street, Wellington SquareKolkata 700 013, Phones: +91-33-22451926, +91-33-22276404, +91-33-22276415Rel: +91-33-32901926, Fax: +91-33-22456075, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 106 Amit Industrial Estate, 61 Dr SS Rao Road, Near MGM Hospital, ParelMumbai 400 012, Phones: +91-22-24124863, +91-22-24104532, Rel: +91-22-32926896Fax: +91-22-24160828, e-mail: email@example.com
- “KAMALPUSHPA” 38, Reshimbag, Opp. Mohota Science College, Umred RoadNagpur 440 009, Phones: Rel: 3245220, Fax: 0712-2704275e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Synopsis of Orthodontic Treatment
© 2007, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
All rights reserved. No part of this publication should be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means: electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the author and the publisher.
First Edition: 2007
Typeset at JPBMP typesetting unit
Printed at Rajkamal Electric Press
my dearest daughter
A lot of books have been written on the basic components of orthodontic curriculum, which include normal growth and development, etiology and classification of malocclusion, biology and mechanism of tooth movement, diagnosis and treatment planning, orthodontic materials, orthodontic appliances and so on. This book, as the title suggests, is a comprehensive source of information concentrating on the clinical aspects of orthodontic treatment. The book is written with an objective to guide the dental students, especially the students mastering in the branch of orthodontics, to focus on the practical aspects of management of malocclusion.
The layout of the topics would explain the steps and approach to be executed for a particular case to achieve the desired final result. This includes learning about the patient's appraisal, typifying the case, organizing the therapy, specifying the dental and skeletal movements required, selection of appliance and planning the post-treatment retention.
The book is concise in nature; hence, a list of references is also included for learning the minute details of the subject.
I sincerely hope that the book would be a help to the undergraduate and postgraduate students, and the general dental practitioners as a reference guide. I also wish to thank the publishers who have encouraged me in this effort.