Jitendar P Vij
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd
EMCA House, 23/23B Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi 110 002, India
Phones: +91-11-23272143, +91-11-23272703, +91-11-23282021, +91-11-23245672
Rel: 32558559, Fax: +91-11-23276490, +91-11-23245683
- 2/B, Akruti Society, Jodhpur Gam Road Satellite, Ahmedabad 380 015Phones: +91-079-26926233, Rel: +91-079-32988717, Fax: +91-079-26927094e-mail: email@example.com
- 202 Batavia Chambers, 8 Kumara Krupa Road, Kumara Park East, Bengaluru 560 001Phones: +91-80-22285971, +91-80-22382956, Rel: +91-80-32714073Fax: +91-80-22281761 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 282 IIIrd Floor, Khaleel Shirazi Estate, Fountain Plaza, Pantheon RoadChennai 600 008, Phones: +91-44-28193265, +91-44-28194897, Rel: +91-44-32972089Fax: +91-44-28193231 e-mail: email@example.com
- 4-2-1067/1-3, 1st Floor, Balaji Building, Ramkote Cross Road, Hyderabad 500 095Phones: +91-40-66610020, +91-40-24758498, Rel:+91-40-32940929Fax:+91-40-24758499 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No. 41/3098, B & B1, Kuruvi Building, St. Vincent Road, Kochi 682 018, KeralaPhones: 0484-4036109, +91-0484-2395739, +91-0484-2395740e-mail: email@example.com
- 1-A Indian Mirror Street, Wellington Square, Kolkata 700 013Phones: +91-33-22451926, +91-33-22276404, +91-33-22276415, Rel: +91-33-32901926Fax: +91-33-22456075, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 106 Amit Industrial Estate, 61 Dr SS Rao RoadNear MGM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai 400 012Phones: +91-22-24124863, +91-22-24104532, Rel: +91-22-32926896Fax: +91-22-24160828, e-mail: email@example.com
- “KAMALPUSHPA” 38, Reshimbag, Opp. Mohota Science CollegeUmred Road, Nagpur 440 009 (MS)Phones: Rel: 3245220, Fax: 0712-2704275 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pocketbook for Physiotherapists
© 2007, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
All rights reserved. No part of this publication should be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means: electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the author and the publisher.
First Edition: 2007
Typeset at JPBMP typesetting unit
Printed at Ajanta PressPreface
I was the undergraduate student of physiotherapy in the year 2002-2006. During this period me and my classmates had to remember lots of normal values, special tests, drugs, pathology, anatomy and various others things and it was not possible to remember all the things at the same time, because the textbook did not used to be in our hand all the time and these problems were solved by preparing notes of all those stuffs. The main problem used to arise when we have to know and confirm certain things, while assessing and giving treatment to the patient and because of this; we were bound to carry all those heavy textbooks. Taking care of all these problems the Pocketbook for Physiotherapists is written. In this there are all the important stuffs related to medical and physiotherapy and they are explained by the help of graphs, tables and text without modifying their original meaning.
This book cannot be the textbook, but it can be used after a thorough study from the textbooks during the posting's, clinics and the classroom. It has taken hard work to comprise all the medical and physiotherapy topics in this small handbook. So that you can take complete advantage of this book.
Wishing and praying for your bright future and all the success in your life.Acknowledgements
To complete any project, it has the blessing of a big group of people. This blessing was also, there in my project Pocketbook for Physiotherapists, i.e. why first of all; I would like to give a healthy thanks to all the students of physiotherapy of Pt. JNM Medical College, Raipur (CG), who were there with me in my each step.
I am also thankful to Dr. Bindu Abraham and Dr. Prafulla Bani, who encouraged me in every task.
I would also like to thank Niketa Pawar, Amit Pansari, Tejaswi Verma, Saurabh Gupta, Md. Javed Qureshi, Anshul Parhad, and Piyush Dubey; who timely took me out of problems.
I am able to do all this by the guidance of my mother and father Smt. Shruti Amrohit and Dr RD Amrohit and my twin brothers Jitesh-Jivesh, whose love and support was always there with me.
Between all this Dinesh Wagde, Nagpur Branch, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. and Mr. Shravan Kumar; Mr. Khomlal Chandeshwar; SK Medical Book House, Raipur (CG), also supported and encouraged me to keep moving. It was not possible for me to publish this book without their support.
Thanks one and all, I need your help too, to continue my achievement.