Jitendar P Vij
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd
B-3 EMCA House, 23/23B Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi 110 002, India
Phones: +91-11-23272143, +91-11-23272703, +91-11-23282021
+91-11-23245672, Rel: +91-11-32558559 Fax: +91-11-23276490, +91-11-23245683
- 2/B, Akruti Society, Jodhpur Gam Road SatelliteAhmedabad 380 015 Phones: +91-79-26926233, Rel: +91-79-32988717Fax: +91-79-26927094 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 202 Batavia Chambers, 8 Kumara Krupa Road, Kumara Park EastBengaluru 560 001 Phones: +91-80-22285971, +91-80-22382956, +91-80-22372664Rel: +91-80-32714073 Fax: +91-80-22281761e-mail: email@example.com
- 282 IIIrd Floor, Khaleel Shirazi Estate, Fountain Plaza, Pantheon RoadChennai 600 008, Phones: +91-44-28193265, +91-44-28194897Rel: +91-44-32972089 Fax: +91-44-28193231, e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4-2-1067/1-3, 1st Floor, Balaji Building, Ramkote, Cross RoadHyderabad 500 095 Phones: +91-40-66610020, +91-40-24758498Rel: +91-40-32940929 Fax:+91-40-24758499e-mail: email@example.com
- No. 41/3098, B & B1, Kuruvi Building, St. Vincent RoadKochi 682 018 Kerala Phones: +91-484-4036109, +91-484-2395739, +91-484-2395740e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1-A Indian Mirror Street, Wellington SquareKolkata 700 013 Phones: +91-33-22651926, +91-33-22276404, +91-33-22276415Rel: +91-33-32901926 Fax: +91-33-22656075e-mail: email@example.com
- Lekhraj Market III, B-2, Sector-4, Faizabad Road, Indira NagarLucknow 226 016 Phones: +91-522-3040553, +91-522-3040554e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 106 Amit Industrial Estate, 61 Dr SS Rao Road, Near MGM Hospital, ParelMumbai 400 012 Phones: +91-22-24124863, +91-22-24104532Rel: +91-22-32926896 Fax: +91-22-24160828, e-mail: email@example.com
- “KAMALPUSHPA” 38, Reshimbag, Opp. Mohota Science College, Umred RoadNagpur 440 009 Phone: Rel: +91-712-3245220, Fax: +91-712-2704275e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essentials of Computer for Nurses
© 2008, J Selvasekaran
All rights reserved. No part of this publication should be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means: electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the author and the publisher.
First Edition: 2008
Typeset at JPBMP typesetting unit
Printed at AjantaPreface
Nowadays rapid revolution in nursing caused by the computer, internet and its related technologies demonstrates that information technology is an essential ingredient for the success of internet based nursing establishments.
The objectives of this book are to bring the knowledge of the Computer Fundamentals and Microsoft Office, so that it can be appreciated and understood for applications in nursing. Computers are reshaping the quality of nursing. In near future, nurses will be regularly conferring with colleagues all over the world, through their computers. The nurses will get the latest information instantly on their desk/workplace and will be able to attend nursing conferences and continuing nursing education programs without leaving their clinics and colleges.
The quality of nursing will improve exponentially with computer-aided diagnosis and management. Many medical establishments have already computerized medical reports, billing system, inventory, financial accounting and several other fields of medicine.
This book explains in brief the role of Computer for Nurses, which is the base of nursing. It further explains all concepts which are used in information systems to make them more effective. This deals with technology of hardware, software, database and so on.
The book is divided into two parts—Part-One deals with Computer Fundamentals and consists of sixteen chapters and Part-Two deals with Microsoft Office which consists of four chapters.