OrthodonticsGurkeerat Singh BDS MDS (Ortho.) M Orth (Intercollegiate) Professor and Head, Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics Sudha Rustagi College of Dental Sciences and Research Faridabad, Haryana, India
Jitendar P Vij
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd
4838/24 Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110002, India, Phone: +91-11-43574357
B-3 EMCA House, 23/23B Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110 002, India
Phones: +91-11-23272143, +91-11-23272703, +91-11-23282021
+91-11-23245672, Rel: +91-11-32558559, Fax: +91-11-23276490, +91-11-23245683
- 2/B, Akruti Society, Jodhpur Gam Road SatelliteAhmedabad 380 015, Phones: +91-79-26926233, Rel: +91-79-32988717Fax: +91-79-26927094 e-mail: email@example.com
- 202 Batavia Chambers, 8 Kumara Krupa Road, Kumara Park EastBengaluru 560 001, Phones: +91-80-22285971, +91-80-22382956, +91-80-22372664Rel: +91-80-32714073, Fax: +91-80-22281761 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 282 IIIrd Floor, Khaleel Shirazi Estate, Fountain Plaza, Pantheon RoadChennai 600 008, Phones: +91-44-28193265, +91-44-28194897, Rel: +91-44-32972089Fax: +91-44-28193231 e-mail:email@example.com
- 4-2-1067/1-3, 1st Floor, Balaji Building, Ramkote, Cross Road,Hyderabad 500 095, Phones: +91-40-66610020, +91-40-24758498Rel: +91-40-32940929, Fax:+91-40-24758499 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No. 41/3098, B & B1, Kuruvi Building, St. Vincent RoadKochi 682 018, Kerala, Phones: +91-484-4036109, +91-484-2395739+91-484-2395740 e-mail: email@example.com
- 1-A Indian Mirror Street, Wellington SquareKolkata 700 013, Phones: +91-33-22651926, +91-33-22276404, +91-33-22276415,Rel: +91-33-32901926, Fax: +91-33-22656075 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lekhraj Market III, B-2, Sector-4, Faizabad Road, Indira NagarLucknow 226 016, Phones: +91-522-3040553, +91-522-3040554 e-mail: email@example.com
- 106 Amit Industrial Estate, 61 Dr SS Rao Road, Near MGM Hospital, ParelMumbai 400 012, Phones: +91-22-24124863, +91-22-24104532,Rel: +91-22-32926896, Fax: +91-22-24160828 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “KAMALPUSHPA” 38, Reshimbag, Opp. Mohota Science College, Umred RoadNagpur 440 009 (MS), Phone: Rel: +91-712-3245220, Fax: +91-712-2704275e-mail: email@example.com
1745, Pheasant Run Drive, Maryland Heights (Missouri), MO 63043, USA, Ph: 001-636-6279734
Jaypee Gold Standard Mini Atlas Series®: Orthodontics
© 2009, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
All rights reserved. No part of this publication should be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means: electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the author and the publisher.
First Edition: 2009
Typeset at JPBMP typesetting unit
Printed at Ajanta Offset & Packagins Ltd., New DelhiDedicated to
the past, present and future
The Mini Atlas in Orthodontics, is a small effort to spread the knowledge of orthodontics. An atlas, with its inherent concept of illustrations and photographs provides a visual impact that is required to understand the various clinical situations.
This atlas will not only be an aid for the clinicians but shall also serve as a visual guide to educate the patients. Such visual aids provide a reason for the patients to think and at times correlate the photographs with their own conditions—thus seeking treatment.
Basic knowledge is provided and has been further simplified with the aid of photographs depicting individual situations for easy understanding. Orthodontics is a vast science today and the mini atlas is only a small, yet basic part of this science.
No publication is produced just by the hard work and labor of the author or the editor. This atlas has been compiled because of my dear patients, who have been gracious enough to tolerate my photographic skills and my co-clinicians—Dr Abhay Lamba, Dr Rajesh Ahal, Dr Vishal Singh and Dr Pankaj Dutta who have contributed to produce not just great smiles for the patients but picture perfect results which we are proud to show-case here.
Dr Ankur Kaul and Dr Aditya Chhibber are not just my colleagues in the department at the college but my best critics. It is their untiring effort that motivates me to gather more relevant and better quality photographs for this atlas. Last but not the least—the members of the Jaypee team keep any author on his / her toes in order to produce results and I am no exception.