Jitendar P Vij
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd
4838/24 Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110002, India, Phone: +91-11-43574357
B-3 EMCA House, 23/23B Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110 002, India
Phones: +91-11-23272143, +91-11-23272703, +91-11-23282021
+91-11-23245672, Rel: +91-11-32558559, Fax: +91-11-23276490, +91-11-23245683
- 2/B, Akruti Society, Jodhpur Gam Road SatelliteAhmedabad 380 015, Phones: +91-79-26926233, Rel: +91-79-32988717Fax: +91-79-26927094, e-mail: email@example.com
- 202 Batavia Chambers, 8 Kumara Krupa Road, Kumara Park EastBengaluru 560 001, Phones: +91-80-22285971, +91-80-2238295691-80-22372664, Rel: +91-80-32714073, Fax: +91-80-22281761e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 282 IIIrd Floor, Khaleel Shirazi Estate, Fountain Plaza, Pantheon RoadChennai 600 008, Phones: +91-44-28193265, +91-44-28194897Rel: +91-44-32972089, Fax: +91-44-28193231,e-mail: email@example.com
- 4-2-1067/1-3, 1st Floor, Balaji Building, Ramkote Cross Road,Hyderabad 500 095, Phones: +91-40-66610020, +91-40-24758498Rel:+91-40-32940929 Fax:+91-40-24758499e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No. 41/3098, B & B1, Kuruvi Building, St. Vincent RoadKochi 682 018, Kerala, Phones: +91-484-4036109, +91-484-2395739+91-484-2395740 e-mail: email@example.com
- 1-A Indian Mirror Street, Wellington SquareKolkata 700 013, Phones: +91-33-22651926, +91-33-22276404+91-33-22276415, Rel: +91-33-32901926, Fax: +91-33-22656075e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lekhraj Market III, B-2, Sector-4, Faizabad Road, Indira NagarLucknow 226 016 Phones: +91-522-3040553, +91-522-3040554e-mail: email@example.com
- 106 Amit Industrial Estate, 61 Dr SS Rao Road, Near MGM Hospital, ParelMumbai 400 012, Phones: +91-22-24124863, +91-22-24104532,Rel: +91-22-32926896, Fax: +91-22-24160828e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “KAMALPUSHPA” 38, Reshimbag, Opp. Mohota Science College, Umred RoadNagpur 440 009 (MS), Phone: Rel: +91-712-3245220, Fax: +91-712-2704275e-mail: email@example.com
1745, Pheasant Run Drive, Maryland Heights (Missouri), MO 63043, USA,
© 2009, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
All rights reserved. No part of this publication should be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means: electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the authors and the publisher.
First Edition: 2009
Typeset at JPBMP typesetting unit
Printed at Ajanta Offset & Packagings Ltd., New Delhi
My Spiritual Teacher and My ParentsPREFACE
Neurosurgery Review is a book written for a rapid revision of usually forgotten concepts of Neurosurgery. This book can guide the postgraduates busy in preparing for entrance examinations of Neurosurgery.
It was realized that different institutions have different pattern of questions for MCh entrance examinations. We have tried to evolve a method by which all kinds of variations in questions framed by different institutions can be addressed by the current book. Simultaneously, it has been tried that every question and all options of each question should remain informative. The explanations wherever required have also been included at the end of the question(s) in order to offer a reasoning behind the particular answer and reasoning for other options included in that question as well.
We have also given tips, not in the form of questions, but in the form of statements, which would greatly help in answering the questions not covered in this book.
This book will help the following groups of neurosurgical colleagues:
- Aspirants preparing for examinations of MCh
- Academicians for quick revision
- Clinicians for revision of concepts
This book would offer great help to those who are beginners in Neurosurgery, as it does not contain the detailed text of a particular disease, but covers the concepts of entire Neurosurgery.