Jitendar P Vij
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd
4838/24 Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110002, India, Phone: +91-11-43574357, Fax: +91-11-43574314
B-3 EMCA House, 23/23B Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110 002, India
Phones: +91-11-23272143, +91-11-23272703, +91-11-23282021
+91-11-23245672, Rel: +91-11-32558559, Fax: +91-11-23276490, +91-11-23245683
Offices in India
- Ahmedabad, Phone: Rel: +91-79-32988717, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bengaluru, Phone: Rel: +91-80-32714073, e-mail: email@example.com
- Chennai, Phone: Rel: +91-44-32972089, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hyderabad, Phone: Rel:+91-40-32940929, e-mail: email@example.com
- Kochi, Phone: +91-484-2395740, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kolkata, Phone: +91-33-22276415, e-mail: email@example.com
- Lucknow, Phone: +91-522-3040554, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mumbai, Phone: Rel: +91-22-32926896, e-mail: email@example.com
- Nagpur, Phone: Rel: +91-712-3245220, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- North America Office, USA, Ph: 001-636-6279734
- Central America Office, Panama City, Panama, Ph: 001-507-317-0160
- Europe Office, UK, Ph: +44 (0) 2031708910, e-mail: email@example.com
Essentials of Pediatric Dentistry
© 2010, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication should be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means: electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the author and the publisher.
First Edition: 2010
Typeset at JPBMP typesetting unit
Printed at Ajanta OffsetDEDICATED TO
My Father Mr Harikishan K Asnani for his continuous encouragement, understanding and support
My Mother Mrs Meena H Asnani for loving, caring and giving me her valuable presence to continue my concentration in studies
My Brother Mr Amit H Asnani for providing a unique atmosphere of friendshipPreface
The idea of writing this book took shape while I was studying as a final year student in college. As pediatric dentistry is an expanding field, the students need to read a book which is concise, to the point and yet provide all the essential information about the subject.
The dental students face the dilemma of selecting the book even more. This book has been written keeping in view the requirements of the students.
In part-1 of the book, I have dealt with the basics and fundamental of pediatric dentistry, this part introduces reader to the subject.
In part-2 of the book, I have dealt with various procedures and techniques to be undertaken in the primary dentition years—three to six years.
In part-3 of the book, I have dealt with the changes which should be offered in various dental procedures in various aspects in the transitional years—six to twelve years.
In part-4 of the book, I had provided the information which deals with adolescence.
Kanchan Harikishan AsnaniAcknowledgments
I always dreamt of presenting a textbook of pediatric dentistry to the students all over the country.
First and foremost I would thank “The Supreme Power God” for giving me energy, inspiration, courage to complete this arduous task and make my dream come true in two ways: first giving me first position in university examination of final year and second fulfilling my dream of presentation of textbook.
I acknowledge the unconditional assistance given to me in my day-to-day work, by my friend Ms Anubha Bansal (BE in electronics and telecommunications).
I am extremely grateful to Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd, New Delhi for selecting and finalizing my script.
I am extremely thankful to members of my family who willingly co-operated and encouraged me throughout my work.