Books by the same author (from Jaypee Brothers):
- Recent Advances in Dermatology Vol 1
- Recent Advances in Dermatology Vol 2
- 101 Skin Diseases: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Atlas and Synopsis of Contact and Occupational Dermatology
Jitendar P Vij
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd
4838/24 Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110002, India, Phone: +91-11-43574357, Fax: +91-11-43574314
B-3 EMCA House, 23/23B Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110 002, India
Phones: +91-11-23272143, +91-11-23272703, +91-11-23282021, +91-11-23245672
Rel: +91-11-32558559, Fax: +91-11-23276490, +91-11-23245683
Offices in India
- Ahmedabad, Phone: Rel: +91-79-32988717, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bengaluru, Phone: Rel: +91-80-32714073, e-mail: email@example.com
- Chennai, Phone: Rel: +91-44-32972089, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hyderabad, Phone: Rel:+91-40-32940929, e-mail: email@example.com
- Kochi, Phone: +91-484-2395740, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kolkata, Phone: +91-33-22276415, e-mail: email@example.com
- Lucknow, Phone: +91-522-3040554, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mumbai, Phone: Rel: +91-22-32926896, e-mail: email@example.com
- Nagpur, Phone: Rel: +91-712-3245220, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central America Office, Panama City, Panama
- Europe Office, UK, Ph: +44 (0) 2031708910, e-mail: email@example.com
Manual of Rational Skin Therapy and Dermatological Drugs
© 2010, Sanjay Ghosh
All rights reserved. No part of this publication should be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means: electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the authors and the publisher.
First Edition: 2010
Typeset at JPBMP typesetting unit
When Jaypee Brothers approached me for writing this book, I was a bit reluctant thinking another derma book is really needed or not and also for my time constraint. Later, after analyzing the pros and cons of the projects, I ultimately took the responsibility mainly for two reasons: (a) These would be our recapitulations and updating ourselves as well as intermingling of available information with our day-to-day experience; (b) This book may be a ready reference in our busy hospital or chamber practice where a bigger book consultation becomes almost next to impossible.
However, this concise book is never a replacement for larger books on this subject. We have indeed freely consulted these books for recent information and also to erase different therapeutic dilemma. We must confess here our indebtedness to them and hence we have included all their names at the end as Further Reading for interested readers to get the source.
Though I started the job in single hand; but due to my hectic schedule and various academic commitments, I was a bit slow in the journey. So I decided to involve almost whole of my department and they agreed enthusiastically. My heartiest congratulations should go to Dr Kishalay Ghosh, Dr Saurav Kundu and Dr Vikas Shankar for the excellent contributions they have made for the birth of this book.
I must also acknowledge the sincere help I got from the other members of my Department namely Dr Pranab Kumar Saha, Associate Professor; Dr Jyoti, Assistant Professor; Dr Jayoti Nandy, Junior Resident; Dr Rajib Roy, Junior Resident; Department of Dermatology, MGM Medical College and LSK Hospital, Kishanganj, Bihar, India.
I also convey here my deep regards and gratitude to Prof Prasanta Kumar Mukherjee, Academic Director and Dr Dilip Kumar Jaisawal, Director, MGM Medical College and LSK Hospital, Kishanganj, Bihar, India for constant support and inspiration for such academic project.
I should also pay my earnest thanks to whole team of Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd, both from Delhi and Kolkata for cooperating me wholeheartedly for making this project successful.
Last but not the least we, the authors must express gratefulness to our family members for constantly bearing us and providing constant enthusiasm for this obsessive effort.