Jitendar P Vij
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd
4838/24 Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110002, India, Phone: +91-11-43574357, Fax: +91-11-43574314
B-3 EMCA House, 23/23B Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110 002, India
Phones: +91-11-23272143, +91-11-23272703, +91-11-23282021
+91-11-23245672, Rel: +91-11-32558559, Fax: +91-11-23276490, +91-11-23245683
Offices in India
- Ahmedabad, Phone: Rel: +91-79-32988717, e-mail: email@example.com
- Bengaluru, Phone: Rel: +91-80-32714073, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chennai, Phone: Rel: +91-44-32972089, e-mail: email@example.com
- Hyderabad, Phone: Rel:+91-40-32940929, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kochi, Phone: +91-484-2395740, e-mail: email@example.com
- Kolkata, Phone: +91-33-22276415, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lucknow, Phone: +91-522-3040554, e-mail: email@example.com
- Mumbai, Phone: Rel: +91-22-32926896, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nagpur, Phone: Rel: +91-712-3245220, e-mail: email@example.com
- North America Office, USA, Ph: 001-636-6279734, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Central America Office, Panama City, Panama, Ph: 001-507-317-0160, e-mail:Website: www.jphmedical.com
- Europe Office, UK, Ph: +44 (0) 2031708910, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dental Operating Room Assistant
© 2011, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
All rights reserved. No part of this publication should be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means: electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the author and the publisher.
First Edition: 2011
Typeset at JPBMP typesetting unit
It is amazing that approximately one lac dental surgeons are working in our country without properly trained dental assistance. To fill up this void, Dental Council has started a 2 years diploma course as is done in the Armed Forces Dental Services. Since there is no manual available in our country for this course, I highly appreciate efforts taken by Maj Gen (Retd) PN Awasthi to prepare first manual in this course which will be of some help to the trainee and the faculty.
Brig Dr Anil Kohli
The Dental Operating Room Assistant diploma course has recently been notified by the Dental Council of India and has been duly approved by the Ministry of health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The training of dental operating room assistants has been the oldest course in the Armed Forces but its relevance to the new age dental practice with increasing focus on technology, materials and practice management places a new-found importance to this training. Properly-trained assistants are the key to a successful practice and the services rendered by the assistant start from the reception and involve not only the proper maintenance and manipulation of equipment and materials, but also an increasing focus on asepsis, sterilization and patient management.
This manual is a guide to course instructors for teaching and to help the trainee to understand the subject in proper perspective.Acknowledgments
The author's sincere thanks are due to all the instructors and faculty working with him at the Department of Dental Surgery, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, for their hard efforts in arranging and typing this manuscript. Thanks are also due to Dr Anil Choudhary of ITS, Modinagar, for arranging the articles and correction of the script as per regulation.
Finally, the author would like to express his sincere thanks to M/s Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd, New Delhi, for inviting him to write this work, for their help and guidance in its preparation.